How to scrub the adhesive with your hands, clothing and the surroundings
Do It Yourself Educational Program / / December 19, 2019
Each house can find something requiring repair. And it is important not only to repair it, but also be able to wash away the silica, rubber and even superglue.
How do you glue soiled
There are many types of glue, Everyone - a unique composition. Depending on it will be different methods of stain removal. In everyday life we often use:
- PVA glue,
- glue stick,
- adhesive wallpaper,
- silicate adhesive (water glass)
- rubber cement,
- Super glue.
The first three types - with few exceptions - the water-soluble, at their disposal problems should arise. The rest we will take a closer look.
The scrub silicate glue
Silicate glue or waterglass - is an aqueous alkaline solution of sodium silicate, potassium or lithium. It dissolves in water, so that if the prankster is guilty in your soiled clothes, cook basins.
- If the glue has just spilled, rinse with warm water contamination place: fresh stains can easily be deleted.
- If the glue has dried on the skin, the same recipe. And you can add a little soap.
- If the glue has dried on the clothes, in a liter of water dissolve 3-4 tablespoons of baking soda. Soak in this solution for a few hours things. After remove the remnants of a brush or scraper.
- If the water glass has dried on the glass, little chance. Due to the similarity of the materials begins diffusion. The only thing you can do is to soak the stain for a few hours in the water, and then scrape off the blade. Alas, traces will remain in any case.
The scrub rubber cement
Rubber adhesive, in particular hot "Moment Classic", made based rubbers and hardens by evaporation of the solvent composition. Remove the glue will long soak in the water, the effect of acetone, gasoline or kerosene. If the stain is fresh, as soon as possible wash it until it started hardening.
How to remove the rubber cement from the skin
- Dried glue to try to wash hands a lot of warm soapy water.
- If this does not work, use moisturizers: vegetable oil, fat cream or Vaseline. Rub any of these substances into the skin until the glue begins to slide.
- If this does not work, move on to the heavy artillery. Apply a cotton swab acetone (nail polish remover), and attach to the spot for several minutes until the adhesive does not soften. Be careful, use this method only on small areas of skin.
Hint for the future: do not remove the cover tube teeth if you do not want to have stuck together lips.
How to remove the rubber cement from clothes
- Soak things for several hours in water with soap (tablespoon grated soap per liter of water). If the glue is not eaten into the fabric fibers, this method is sufficient for complete purification.
- Particularly stubborn dirt, try to remove with acetone or gasoline. Apply a small amount of liquid on a cotton swab and treat stains. Then wash the item as normal. Acetone and gasoline may discolor or damage the fabric. Prior to use, check its effect on a small area.
- If you need to scrub with silk or glue woolIt needs more gentle method of cleaning. In water (100 ml), add citric acid (20 grams) or tablespoon 70 percent vinegar. Apply the solution on the spot, and after a wash in the washing machine by delicate cycle.
- The hand is not anything suitable? It is possible to test the method of the critical temperature: heat fabric with a hair dryer, and then place in a freezer. adhesive structure collapses, it becomes brittle, and could be scraped off with a knife.
The scrub superglue
Superglue - a synthetic adhesive based on cyanoacrylate. It hardens in contact with water and is not soluble in ethanol, so baths and alcohol compresses here are powerless. To remove superglue handy dimethyl sulfoxide (do not worry, you can find it at any pharmacy under the trade name "Dimexidum") and acetone.
If fresh stain, do not rinse it with water, quickly look for nail polish remover. Acetone dissolves superglue excellent in liquid form. With frozen increasingly difficult.
How to remove superglue from the skin
- Leather - more malleable material than congealed glue. Soften it with cream or butter: it will reduce the adhesion spots with epithelium.
- Make a scrub: a spoonful of fine salt, sugar and ground coffee mix with a small amount of liquid soap and gently rub the soiled place.
- In the extreme case: spilite adhesive layer sawing nails. This method is suitable only for dense skin on the fingers.
- If the skin adhesive spot is not an inconvenience, just forget about it for 2-3 days. The sebaceous glands themselves to push him to the surface.
How to remove superglue from clothes
- Apply a little acetone contamination or "Dimexidum" with a cotton swab. Leave on for 20-40 minutes and then wash as usual thing. Preliminary check tissue reaction to these substances in a small inconspicuous area.
- Method of critical temperatures also help. Preheat cloth dryer, and then put in the freezer for a couple of hours. Superglue during solidification is converted into a kind of plastic becomes brittle, so that it can be scraped off.
How to remove superglue from plastic
It is better not to take risks with acetone (it can discolor things), and scrubs, and nail files will damage the surface. Because soak "Dimexidum" cotton swab and rub away the adhesive until the stain disappears. Take the time to go for in pharmacies: when it can be used for face masks or lotions for athletes.
How do you fight with spots of different types of glue? Share your secrets in the comments.