How Much To Earn From Writing?
The Answers / / January 07, 2021
This question was submitted by our reader. You too can you ask your question to Lifehacker - if it is interesting, we will definitely answer.
Chief Editor of KBPalindrome».
There is one banal answer to this question: to work very hard. Really.
But you asked how, so here are three ways to make more money.
- Do more. Learn new things, develop skills that are not directly related to your work. If you write texts, you will also learn how to typeset, draw, write code. The more you can, the more you earn.
- Do your best. Write, write a lot, hone your skills. Follow the work of colleagues, analyze, read books and other materials to develop.
- Do better and more. Combine the first two points and work hard. Do not be lazy, because there are many other applicants for your place in the company or for a good order. If you do not work on yourself, you will not earn much in any area.
I have no inspiring story about how I worked on the stock exchange for 12 rubles per 1,000 characters, and then my texts went up to 10 thousand rubles and more. But I started with penny transcripts and work as a newsman in a regional publication, where there was a lot of work and little money. When I gained experience, and there were more tasks, we discussed a salary increase with the manager.
Don't be afraid to talk about money with your boss. Speak directly: “I want this much because ...” After “because” there should be a strong argument: there is more work, more difficult tasks, and better skills. Perhaps the promotion is somewhere nearby.
If you are freelancing and have little experience, go to companies that you like and start with free internships or low-paying jobs - there is no good money right away. You will have to work hard to fill your hand.
As for the price for the text - there is no fair or “market” price. Name the amount for which you are ready to fulfill the order. Put in a little more in advance in case the customer wants to bargain. It happens, and that's okay.
If you think that your work is worth 5, 10, 20 thousand rubles and so on, tell me about it. If the customer has his own price, which is lower than yours, and he immediately announced it, decide whether it suits you or not.
In general, I have no other answer than this: to earn a lot on texts and in general on anything, you have to plow a lot. And stop underestimating yourself and your work.
- How to learn to write articles and where to get inspiration
- How to start working on freelance exchanges?
- Workplaces: Sergey Kaplichny, copywriter at the publishing house "MIF"