30 tips to help you recover from burnout
Productivity / / December 23, 2019
In order to achieve balance and forget about stress, focus on nutrition, movement, relaxation and thinking.
1. Properly start the day. Eat a balanced breakfast that includes complex carbohydrates, dietary fiber, protein and healthy fats.
2. Do not abuse coffee. And other stimulating drinks, too, do not get carried away.
3. Carry a water bottle. Try to drink enough fluids. Then you will feel more energetic.
4. Give up the junk food, processed foods and convenience foods. Or at least to reduce the consumption of such food.
5. Carefully study the menu in cafes and restaurants. Choose a dish in which a lot of protein and vegetables.
6. Drink less alcohol. And if you have enough willpower, discard it altogether.
7. Take to snack healthy food. Then you do not have to buy chips and chocolates whenever you want there.
8. Keep track of when and how much you eat. Try not to overeat and do not eat late at night.
9. Eat more greens, vegetables and fruits. Nutritionists recommend eating more plant foods a day.
10. Enrich your diet. Most likely, you do not get all the necessary body substances.
11. Turn on the way to and from work in training. Run, ride a bike or go on a stop early and walk foot. And always go up the stairs, not the elevator.
12. Move at lunchtime. Sign up for a half-hour workout at the nearest gym or simply go to dine in the cafe, which is away from work.
13. Train straight to work. Conduct meetings on the go, or do sit-ups 4-5, when you go to the toilet. If you have a table for work standing, alternate work for him and the usual table.
14. Do not forget about strength training. They improve bone density, increase the strength of the connective tissues, muscles and tendons, which reduces the risk of injury.
15. Train with a friend. When you feel accountable to someone, chances are that you do not miss the lessonIt grows at 50%.
16. Listen to your body. If you are tense or exhausted, intense interval training will only increase the level of adrenaline in the body. So you'd better enjoy a yoga class or go for a slow jog. Conversely, when you feel sluggish, go do something more energetic.
17. Find the optimal sleep time. And stick to it. For some, it's 8:00, for others - 4. The main thing - sleep on weekdays and weekends are equally long.
18. Lie down and get up always at the same time. And yet an hour before bedtime, do not use electronic devices and slide the evening ritual. The brain loves routine. Over time, it will connect routine evening activities with a sense of sleepiness.
19. Helps the body to relax. After dinner, do not drink caffeine, and shortly before going to sleep do not do hard work.
20. Do not work on holidays and weekends. No matter how many cases you may be, Take time to rest. He will reduce the stress and improve mood. As a result, you will be more energetic and quickly deal with the affairs.
21. Take breaks. Per working hour should account for two two-minute break. This will help to focus and feel less tired at the end of the day.
22. Meditate. Proven that meditation has a positive effect on physical and psychological health. It is enough to meditate for 10 minutes a day to reduce stress and strain.
23. Develop compassion. You are not perfect. Stop waiting for the impossible from yourself and blame yourself when expectations are not met.
24. Set personal boundaries. Learn say "no" and explain what is acceptable to you, and that - no. Do not let others take advantage of your kindness.
25. Plan. Consider next week, tap the very important things and see if something can be done in advance.
26. Do not try to change your whole life for a time. Select two or three goals. Determine what you want to change first. Formulate specific goals and write down why you want to achieve them. If you feel an emotional connection with them, you are more likely they will achieve.
27. Be accountable to someone about my progress. This increases the chances that you will not frustrate and will bring it to the end.
28. Be patient and kind to yourself. To strengthen the new habit takes 28 to 60 days. You will surely make mistakes in the process or temporarily go astray from the path. Do not scold yourself. Guilt and negative thoughts will not help to move forward.
29. Do not forget to occasionally let off steam. This will help relax and relieve stress.
30. Laugh more. Humor can help to cope with any situation. Laugh at yourself and at how ridiculous eat spinach for breakfast or doing sit-ups in a toilet.
Tips very much, do not try to use them all at once. Gradually add them into your life, to understand what is right for you.
- How to cope with burnout and regain his productivity
- How to get rid of the burn-through simple exercises
- Emotional burnout recognized disease. Here are its symptoms