Buy a car or take a taxi: it is more profitable for you
Get Rich / / December 20, 2019
Taxi fares just to know. It is much more difficult to figure out what is the cost of operating a personal vehicle. People buy cars for a variety of prices, someone goes often, someone - less, some years do not happen in car, and someone less lucky, and often have to repair the car.
We want to show what constitutes the cost of 1 km of track and how to calculate. You will be able to substitute the example of their figures and estimate the cost of driving a car in your case.
The cost of travel by taxi
Taxi fares vary depending on day of week, time of day and other factors. Use the online calculator first got the taxi service. Let's say we need to get from the suburbs of Moscow to the one of the closest areas of the capital.
During a trip to a distance of 25 km, we will have to pay 770 rubles, which is about 30 rubles per kilometer. From this price we will build.
Price of travel by own car
There are a lot of terms:
- Spending on gasoline.
- Depreciation of machines - the difference between the purchase price and sale price.
- Cost of ownership - periodic payments (taxes, insurance, etc.).
- Periodic maintenance.
- Costs associated with the storage of the machine.
Spending on gasoline
This value is very easy to calculate. To do this, you need to know the average fuel consumption of your car and the price of fuel in your area. For example, at a rate of 7 liters / 100 km Gasoline RON 95 at the current price of 45 cents per liter obtain
L 7 × 45 rubles. / L ÷ 100 km =3.15 rub. / Km
Oil flow to this value adds a few cents. For example, when the engine oil price of 2000 rubles and replacement intervals every 15 000 km, we have:
2000 rubles. ÷ 15 = 000 km 0.13 rub. / Km
Sum quite small, but we take into account and her.
For fuel consumption as the vehicle wear and deterioration of engine performance somewhat increases but slightly.
This value is calculated, too easy: the difference between the purchase price and sale price of the car divided by vehicle mileage during that time.
For example, you purchased a car for 800 000 rubles, and sold over 300,000 in five years. During this time a run was 150 000 km. So:
(800 000 rubles. -. 300 000 rubles) ÷ 150 000 km = 3.3 rub. / Km
The more expensive your car is, the more it loses in the price of the operation time. The less you drive on it, the more depreciation to the cost of a kilometer.
cost of ownership
Here otnesom costs, independent of the machine run: taxes, compulsory motor TPL insurance, the cost of inspection. That annual payments, the size of which depends on the power of the vehicle engine (tax) domicile ownership and driving experience of the car admitted to management (CTP), as well as some other circumstances.
The amount of these payments may vary at times, but on average, do not exceed 10 000 rubles per year. This figure and take to calculate. With an annual run will give us the following contribution to the cost of one kilometer of 30 000 km cost of ownership:
10 000 rub. ÷ 30 = 000 km 0.33 rub. / Km
The more you drive, the less the already insignificant contribution taxes and obligatory insurance in the cost of kilometers.
Here we consider the cost of the mandatory maintenance (MOT) car, the amount of which is set by the manufacturer.
As a rule, THAT is tied to the interval mileage of 15 000 km. If the annual mileage of less than 30 000 km, we can assume that that is held twice a year.
But the volume of the behavior differs significantly. While the car is new, and the wear of parts and components yet, TO is reduced mainly to monitor and adjust. Then gradually increasing the number of parts that must be replaced: it is necessary to change the worn brake discs and pads, belts, shock absorbers.
Here are the factors that may affect this rate:
- The older the car, the higher the performance of TO.
- The more expensive and more complicated a car, the more expensive parts and car service.
- The customer may have part of the work is performed on their own, which reduces direct costs.
- The owner may also neglect the manufacturer's recommendations and does not carry out his orders: not to change the details in due time or do it less often, and some jobs simply ignore.
Calculate at least the average maintenance costs, taking into account all these circumstances is virtually impossible.
The cost of repairs is difficult to completely separate from the costs. The contract is considered unexpected repair replacement of defective parts. Modern machines are very durable, but like any technology, are broken. Here a variety of life situations even more.
- The new machine is the first two or three years, virtually no breaks. With increasing age and mileage need to be repaired is growing.
- The cost of spare parts and repair varies depending on the brand.
- Having the desire and opportunity, the owner can perform many types of repairs on their own and pay only the cost of parts.
- Operating conditions can extend maintenance-free life of the vehicle or, conversely, to ditch him ahead of time. Someone's car may break down more often and require more repair costs.
According to the experience of several car owners surveyed, the total costs for maintenance and repair of the five years between 20 and 50% of the new value of the car.
In our example, the cost of a new car - 800 000 rubles. We believe the maximum:
RUB 800 000 × 50% ÷ 150 000 km = 2.67 rub. / Km
The cost of renting a garage space in the parking lot, the parking costs in the city, depending on how the situation may be absent all (machine spends the night under the window), and represent a very large amount (8 hours of parking in the center of Moscow will cost 2000 rubles).
We assume for simplicity that parking does not apply to driving and to consider it we will not.
With the result that
In our example, we bought a new car worth 800 000 rubles, which after five years of operation, sold for 300 000 with 150 000 km mileage. In recalculation per kilometer costs are as follows:
|Expenditure on fuel, rub.||3,15|
|Maintenance and repair, rub.||2,67|
|Total rub. / Km||9,58|
So, in our example, to use a personal car is more profitable than to take a taxi.
- 20 life hacking, that will make your car perfectly clean
- How to save on gasoline and car maintenance
- How to choose a car based on the budget and tasks: manual with examples