10 biohakov that will help unleash your potential and make a difference
A Life / / December 19, 2019
We love technology, but little attention is paid to the possibility of his body and mind. Maybe that's why we feel unhappy and trying to forget, looking at the screen of the smartphone expensive.
But inside we already have everything to be happy and healthy, to enjoy every day and feel great. Disclosure of internal capacity and annual conferences devoted biohakinga in Pasadena, California.
What is biohaking
Biohaking - the ability to pump the body and mind to achieve the objectives of gaining peace of mind, happiness and satisfaction.
This can be achieved in different ways: by using breathing techniques and meditation, exercise and special postures, laughter and configured correctly. Therefore biohakerov conference collected a variety of experts: nutritionists, and trainers kinezioterapevty, neuroscientists, therapists, journalists, entrepreneurs and business coaches.
The main direction of which is maintained and to which all biohakery - is achieving awareness.
This state of clarity, presence in the moment, creativity and happiness, where people can make the best of what I was capable.
In you, as in any human being, there is a measure of consciousness deeper than thought. This is the essence of who you are. We may call it presence, attention, unconditional awareness.
Eckhart Tolle (Eckhart Tolle), writer and spiritual orator, author of the book "The Power of Now."
Take care of their needs and fear of external threats is quite natural, but our mind gets used to it and sees the threat of the time, even if there is no real danger. Moreover, memories of past failures It is also perceived as a threat, and stress at the same time we are experiencing a real.
Absorbed in thoughts of the past or the future - is not the most productive state, because you can not really focus on what's happening now. But you can change it: the fog of unnecessary thoughts and always be in the present moment.
By awareness can come in different ways, and biohakery tell how to do it. Here are good ways to increase your awareness and adjust the body and mind in the desired fashion.
10 biohakov for awareness, strength and happiness
1. Breathing technique "Ice Man"
Special guest of the conference, Wim Hof (Wim Hof) - a unique person that can well tolerate extremely low temperatures. He set 21 record in the Guinness Book of Records, spent almost two hours in an ice bath in shorts climbed Everest to a height of 6.7 km and a marathon run at a temperature of -20 ° C air. With the help of meditation Hof learned to adjust immunityDeliberately increase cortisol levels and lower the concentration of cytokines (markers of inflammation) in the blood.
Breathing exercises Wim Hof, you can:
- influenceVoluntary activation of the sympathetic nervous system and attenuation of the innate immune response in humans on the immune system;
- enhance blood circulation and improve muscle endurance and accelerate recovery;
- improve concentration and awareness.
To begin, take a few deep breaths. Air should fill the stomach, stay there for a few moments, then completely exit. During exhalation, push the air out of the lungs, that there was nothing left.
Step 1: 30 breaths force
Strongly inhale through the mouth to the lungs are completely filled, and the abdomen inflated, then powerfully and briefly exhale through your mouth as if you inflate a balloon. Perform 30 inhalations and exhalations.
At run time, you may feel dizzy or tingling in the body. If there is pain or nausea, stop the practice.
Step 2: breath and delay
After the 30th exhalation hold your breath for as long as you can. The conference Hof asked the audience to hold their breath for one minute. With this, almost all coped: delay after the previous exercise exhale (without light in air) is given easily.
When you can no longer hold your breath, move on to the next step.
Step 3: take a deep breath and delay
Just breathe as deeply as you can, and hold your breath for 15 seconds.
All three steps - it's one round. Each time you perform a four-round breathing practice.
It starts to work immediately, and you can easily check this. Before you start make much push-upsAs you can, and then again after four rounds of practice - you'll be pleasantly surprised.
Here's a video with the breathing technique Wim Hof.
Try: feeling incredible!
2. cold therapy
Here are some examples of the beneficial effects of low temperatures.
- Increased immunity. It is familiar to hardening of the body, which effectiveness is confirmedUric acid and glutathione levels during short-term whole body cold exposure science.
- The release of adiponectin - a hormone that speeds up the breakdown of fat and muscle recovery.
- Longer cell life.
There are several ways to gradually accustom themselves to the cold. If you have heart problems, consult your doctor first.
Method 1: cold shower
You will be afraid to get under the cold water, because you know what's coming highly cold. It's fine, just get over the fear. Think cold as its strength.
Method 2: ice bath
Buy two ice pack, pour it into the tub and fill it with cold water. Wait a few minutes, and then immersed in water. If you're scared, try to immerse only the face - it is much easier psychologically, but no less effective.
Method 3: leave the cold
Dress up easily and go outside in the cold. Just do not start with a long exposure to cold, the body gradually accustom.
Meditation - this is probably the main instrument for the attainment of mindfulness and concentration on the present moment. Meditation It helps:
- relieve stress and anxiety;
- improve concentration and memory;
- reinforce positive emotions;
- cope with depression and anxiety.
Try meditation, which is held at the conference biohakerov Emily Fletcher (Emily Fletcher), the creator of ZivaMeditation.
Part 1: breath
Find a quiet place where no one will not hurt, sit in a comfortable position (not necessarily on the floor). If time is limited, set the timer for 5-7 minutes. Close your eyes and relax.
- Right thumb close the right nostril.
- Exhale through the left nostril, then inhale through it.
- Remove your finger from the right nostril and close the left nostril with the ring finger. Exhale through the right nostril, then inhale through it.
- Continue to breathe in through one nostril and out through the other.
- At the top of each breath before exhaling will momentarily hold your breath. Do the same on the exhale.
- On the inhale, imagine how energy travels through the body: up the spine, from the base to the head. On the exhale, direct that energy into the center of the forehead.
- After graduating from lower hands on your knees and go to the second part.
Part 2: The five senses
- Pay attention to the sound of the most noticeable near you: loud neighbors TV, music from the street, the noise of the air conditioner. Concentrate on it for a few breaths. Then pay attention to the very quiet sound, such as your breath, and then follow the sound for a while.
- Pay attention to what you see with your eyes closed. Maybe fly flies, or you see the light in front of them, which passes through the eyelids.
- Mark the most noticeable tactile feel pain, pressure, tickling in the throat or something else. Then mark the weakest tactile sensation such as the air passes through your nose or hair concerns neck.
- Feel the taste, even if you eat a very long time. Maybe you feel the taste of toothpaste or coffee, dry mouth. Then try to find a faint taste. If you do not feel anything, it's ok, just watch it.
- Concentrate on the smell. First, feel the most noticeable smell, and then - the most insignificant.
- Try to feel all together. Spend as little time.
Part 3: "om"
Repeat in mind the word "om" for three minutes. Let it just sounds in your head. Do not try to stop the thought, just repeat the word.
Slowly get out of meditation, spend a few seconds in the mind, but not opening his eyes. Then take a deep breath and open your eyes slowly.
4. The internal oscillator: technology on the productivity of the master
Coach Brandon Borchard (Brendon Burchard) believes that all the qualities required for productivity, is already within you and you can feel them at any time. Just imagine that you plant, which releases energy, concentration, courage and clarity.
You can check it out right now. Write on a piece of two rows of numbers from 1 to 10 and circle the ones that reflect your energy levels and concentration.
Now consciously elevate your energy level on three points. If you feel on the top six now circle the top corner. Do the same with the scale concentration. After that, you will feel more energetic and alert.
According to this principle all the amulets and charms work. And what do you know how they work, it does not diminish the effect.
5. Pose force
Our health and emotional state depends on the posture. Body language expresses emotions, but can also cause them. That is why the force posture and confidence increasePower posing: brief nonverbal displays affect neuroendocrine levels and risk tolerance testosterone levels and lower levels of cortisol - a stress hormone. As a result, you feel more confident and less worried.
The conference biohakerov Gotsler Max (Max Gotzler) showed a video in which just rolls testosterone. Watch and repeat after rugby.
If you do not want to teach this amazing ritual dance (or you are not able to perform it), try the poses depicted in the top row of pictures.
Hold any position in the top row for two minutes, and you will feel the rise of confidence, mood and energy.
Laughter - a great ability that:
- It reduces the level of stress hormones;
- improves immunity;
- It creates a feeling of happiness.
Think about something that you are afraid and upset. Maybe it's a deadline at work or some significant event in the future. Now pretend that you are showing to the situation or human finger, and start to laugh out loud.
Even if the laughter is not real, it still works. Your physical condition will change emotions.
Laugh at the fact that scares you or upsets, and you will see how the stress disappears.
7. daily tips
Often we want to be kinder, to eat better, be more conscious, but forget about it the next day. Several speakers at the conference shared a simple and effective way to not forget their aspirations and promises - to set daily reminders on your phone.
Here are three good options.
- Put a reminder of the three words that best describe the ideal type of person. For example, the "calm, confidence, happiness" or "strength, wisdom and kindness."
- Use the reminder on your phone, to spend more time in the present moment. Leave yourself a message: "Close your eyes, take a few deep breaths and remember that you need to be in the present moment."
- Put a reminder, "What have I learned today?". Since you know that in the evening you will be asked this question, during the day the brain will look for new things to make you that answer.
8. Avoiding alcohol
Everyone knows that alcohol - a toxin and toxins are bad for our body. In his speech at the conference Suonvik journalist James (James Swanwick) described how quit drinking for 30 days.
- Review your thoughts. Avoiding alcohol - it's not a victim, but a gift to his body. Remind yourself of this often (put a reminder).
- Say to yourself, "Today I only drink water and juice" instead of "Today, I do not drink alcohol."
- Promise yourself to have fun most of any party.
- Make iced water and lime slice.
- Plan something on the early morning, so that you did not want to stay at the party late.
- Use this opportunity to take care of your friends and learn more about them.
- Never apologize for something that does not drink, but do not condemn drinkers.
- Find a friend who agrees not to drink with you.
9. Reading books
Investor and business consultant Tai Lopez (Tai Lopez) finds that reading - a real superpower. While reading you load into your brain, knowledge and thought the most intelligent and successful people in history. Books are filled with years of experience of others, packed in a hundred pages. When you read, the ideas embedded in your picture of the world and its complement.
You become wiser with each read a book.
Start your relationship with a new book today. If you do not have time, do it for 10 minutes before bedtime.
The habit of feeling grateful can help you:
- to focus on the positive experience;
- change the thoughts about his life as a whole;
- to maintain warm relations with those who you really roads;
- feel more satisfied and happy.
Here are two simple exercises that you can do every day.
- Close your eyes and think about what you are grateful for. Focus on gratitude, breathe deeply and keep these thoughts. Feel gratitude overwhelms you.
- Share this feeling with others. Write or call the person to whom you are for something grateful and tell him about it.
Kindness, which you produce in the world, be sure to come back to you.
Changes within 21 days
Select one or more biohakov:
- Wim Hof breathing practices;
- cold therapy;
- internal oscillator;
- force posture;
- daily reminders;
- abstinence from alcohol;
- Reading books;
Start with one biohaka and follow it for 21 days, and then, when he enters into a habit, add another one or a few. If you do not know where to start, look for gratitude.
Try biohaki and share your experiences in the comments.
- 5 easy to increase productivity biohakov
- How to change your life with biohakinga: personal experience
- Biohaking the masses: how to get rid of bad habits with the help of science