As an adult learn to play chess
Games / / December 19, 2019
Vladimir Vysotsky, "The story of the game of chess"
If you are offered to play chess - you never say: "I do not know how." Say, "I can, but I will not."
My desire to learn to play chess appeared just after the situation. However, to say "I can" I could, but to continue, "but do not want to" failed. I had to play. Several thunderous defeats after short parties have made it clear: the game knowledge of the rules is not enough to win. It was something else, only the players know what. What helped them to see the board from a different angle, like a look into the future and the disappointed comment: "Well, what have you done!". I wanted to know the secret, and I decided to understand ...
As an adult can learn to play chess
For a start it was necessary to find out whether it is possible to learn to play chess yourself: via the Internet, mobile applications, or tutorial. A thorough survey of those who already know how to play, has shown that you can try to learn to play the most, but it is better to do it with a friend or teacher.
However, the first steps still can and must be done alone. Desirable:
- find or buy a board;
- acquainted with the figures;
- learn the rules of the game.
Vladimir Hlepitko, Head Chess Club Wisdom
On it you will leave no more than an hour. Use YouTube videos, on this subject there is a plurality of rollers. If you wish, excuses are unnecessary. Begin to play even a child can (with four years).
Once you will understand this step, it is necessary to look for a teacher. Why can not learn to play the most? The answer is very simple. You can try to do it yourself, and you will begin to even get. It is only a learning rate. Something to which you have guessed a few days, the teacher will explain in an hour. Moreover, an experienced player or a teacher will see on the board what you simply do not notice because of the lack of experience.
How to find a teacher
Join chess school or club
The only problem that may have come - it is age-restricted. But it can be solved.
When I tried to sign up for the next chess school, I was refused due to the fact that training takes just kids. But instead offered to come in and try to negotiate with the teacher on private lessons.
Even if your town has only one chess school, go out there and try to find a coach.
Still have chess clubs. Most often they play older people, united by a great desire and passion for the game. It's a great choice for those who like chess, but not always good option for the novice.
Find a friend, a chess player
When I tried to do this, it appears that players are to a certain similarity of "Fight Club". Simple post on social networks has shown that more than half of my friends are playing or playing chess. Just do not tell anyone about it. Try to ask your friends and you. I'm sure you'll be surprised.
As for my personal experience, among his friends and acquaintances, I found one that turned out to be a candidate master in chess. We quickly agreed about the lessons, and I'm still a little bit closer to the goal.
hire a teacher
Without being bound by organizations, schools, clubs and circles, you can simply find a teacher for private lessons. Try to meet with him personally before you arrange the first lesson to be sure: with this person, you can learn and do not be afraid to ask again him several times incomprehensible moments. If you feel discomfort, embarrassment, awkwardness, try to find another teacher.
"Anyone who plays better than you may have already learned. Here are just a teacher should not be boring. And splurge on superprofessionals just not worth it "- suggests Vladimir Hlepitko.
What to read
As long as your coach will tell what the debut, middlegame and endgame, learning theory and practice chess, simultaneously demonstrating the art of composition, you can already start to help yourself to move more faster. For example, with the help of books. Literature itself is not to learn to play, but it will be a powerful tool in this difficult matter.
1. Suitable for beginners books, tutorials and collections of problems. For example, "Collection of Chess Combinations" FROM. D. Ivashchenko, "Textbook of chess game"H. R. Capablanca and "Traveling in a chess kingdom" YU. Averbakh. Do not hesitate to open a children's book or marked "For those who are just starting to play." It is in their complex system of chess is explained very clearly and understandably.
2. When will understand with the introduction and at the same time spend some fruitful lessons with their teacher, go to books on strategy and tactics. Get familiar with each stage of the game of chess, the benefit of which is written very much. Understand what exactly to choose a book, it is difficult, so be sure to ask advice from his coach. You can pay attention to these works:
- «My system", BUT. AND. Nimzowitsch;
- "Strategic methods in chess," A. AND. Terekhin;
- «In the wake of disasters debut", I. AND. Neustadt;
- "The transition to the endgame," Yu Razuvaev, G. Nesis.
3. Look for inspiration. Read not only books on chess, but also books related to this great game. For example, Vladimir Hlepitko says that he likes the book Kasparov "Chess as a model of life."
See films about chess and chess players, for example:
- "Bobby Fischer Against The World" - a biography of the American champion and his legendary match against Boris Spassky.
- "The Luzhin Defense" - a film in which it is not necessary to look at the chess board in search of interesting combinations, but you can immerse yourself in its unique atmosphere.
- "Chess Fever" - black-and-white Soviet comedy, of course, almost never about chess. But in the frame appears very Capablanca!
Of course, ignore online help is not necessary. While you exercise, in reality, all the other ways to make lessons more productive, too, are suitable.
If you like to fight with an invisible opponent, or superintelligence computer, go to special sites or applications swing. The most famous portal for the players, of course, Chess.com. With regard to the application, here are some good options:
watch video tutorials
Reading and constant training - it's not bad. But if you get tired of the hard work, use the simpler version of the training. Good channels are in English (well, chess and an international language everyone can understand), but there are in Russian.
- The Chess Website - channel explaining basic and complex things as if its only children are watching. In the simplest form, the author explains how the first moves for both beginners and the most complicated parts of Champions.
- iChess.net - a channel that makes clear chess adds excitement and inspiration for new achievements.
- «ShahMatKanal"- a channel that specializes in videoturnirov between bloggers and all comers, and then analyzes in detail the mistakes and successes of players.
I will say this: if very much want, be sure to succeed. For me, an attempt to learn how to play chess has become a real challenge. The game, to put it mildly, difficult. But beautiful. So, if you really like chess and you're willing to give this a little time every day or at least every week, all must come out.
Vladimir Hlepitko, Head Chess Club Wisdom
Success will desire and love for the game and the way to achieve success are many, the main thing - to continue to move the figurines!