Continuing the theme of a healthy way of life and the eternal question of whether a wholesome food to be even and tasty, I would like to offer you a few simple and delicious ideas for salads. Especially because on the nose summer - time for picnics and dinners outdoors. These salads can easily take with you on a picnic without fear of messing around with big bowls and other kitchen utensils! Because they are served on small wooden skewers! Will be delicious and easy, I promise you!
1. Caprese salad. In the first place for me is the most simple and delicious salad - "caprese"! It is a combination of sweet tomato, soft and tender mozzarella, olive oil and basil. If you ordered this salad at a cafe, you would serve cut into thin slices with mozzarella slices tomatoes, and all this would be seasoned with extra virgin olive oil with basil (to taste balsamic vinegar). Picnic need a simpler version: threaded onto skewers alternating slices of tomatoes (or whole tomatoes cherry) and a mozzarella balls, or it is a cheaper option of local production, cut into cubes. Olive oil can be easy to take along on a picnic - it is useful not only for this salad. Fresh basil can also be replaced with a dry mixture, for example, the same "Italian herbs" should be fine. Just please note that the tomatoes have to be sweet and fragrant. If you take the greenhouse tasteful herbs, you will hardly be able to get pleasure from it.
2. Greek salad. Greek salad options may be few and everyone puts there that most of all loves. I offer you more familiar to us a set of: tomatoes, olives, feta, cucumber and bell pepper (optional). Cut vegetables and cheese into large pieces and strung alternately on skewers. Topped with the same olive oil and dried herbs.
3. Fruit salad. Everything is simple - strung on skewers cut into large slices of your favorite fruit. Since this is not exactly the season, it can be preserved fruits (pineapple, peach) plus fresh (orange, banana, kiwi).
Now I want to offer you a quite interesting, even exotic combinations. They are not quite in season, so while postponing them in a piggy bank.
4. Melon and prosciutto. It's an option for July and August, when ripen fragrant and sweet melon! Those who have tried it, understand me! Wild and incredibly delicious combination of sweet melon and cured meats! True, for everybody. Of course, I do not advise you to eat melon wrapped in Parma ham. It is very tasty, but incredibly expensive. You can find a similar product of the local cooking - is not so good, but it is quite interesting and affordable.
5. Watermelon, feta and rosemary. This is even more crazy combination than melon and ham! But it's worth it! The main thing to wait for the season and choose the right watermelon! Cut the chilled watermelon and feta into small pieces (but such that it was possible to impose on a skewer), olive oil mixed with fresh or dry rosemary, watering from the top - you're done!
To sum up all, then for these salads you will need cut large pieces of vegetables and fruit, salt, pepper, olive oil, slightly dry spices or fresh herbs (basil, rosemary) and, of course, wooden skewers, which will be all strung. Easy, tasty and healthy! Enjoy your appetite and delicious all on Sunday!