Diarrhea - this is normal. Sooner or later, with her face everything, and in most cases, diarrhea goes wellDiarrhea: Why It Happens and How to Treat It itself - within a day or two. But sometimes diarrhea can be a serious problem.
When it is necessary to address urgently to the doctor
Most often for diarrhea can not survive. But quickly consult with a physician or, depending on the severity of the symptoms, call for an ambulance if:
- You have not only diarrhea, but the blood in it. Or is he black - a sign of coagulated blood.
- Together with diarrhea you mark high (above 38,3 ° C) temperature.
- You have severe nausea or vomiting, which prevents the drink to compensate for the lost fluid.
- Do you feel pain in the abdomen or in the anal area.
- Diarrhea appeared after you have returned from abroad.
- You urine saturated dark color.
- You have accelerated heartbeat.
- Diarrhea accompanied by severe headache, irritability, dizziness.
These symptoms indicate either an acute inflammation associated with infection, or a strong degree
If, however, there are ominous signs, with diarrhea can be managed by simple methods.
Where does the diarrhea
Diarrhea called the disease of dirty hands, and it's true: most commonly diarrhea overtakes those who are not too concerned about the observance of hygiene. But there is another way. Here are the most common causesDiarrheaThat cause diarrhea.
1. viral infections
Do not wash your hands, gulped Water from the river or warmed sea, unwashed apple bite. And received, for example, rotavirus infection. And, perhaps, and viral hepatitis. From the same sources - Norwalk virus, cytomegalovirus and other gastrointestinal muck, accompanied by thinning of the chair.
2. Bacteria and parasites
They are taken out about the same as the viral infection - from careless habit to tug at the mouth something poorly washed or filtered. Diarrhea caused by bacteria and parasites, often catches people in a foreign country, and therefore has a "romantic" name travelers' diarrhea.
3. Taking certain medications
For diarrhea often result in:
- preparations, antacids, especially those containing magnesium;
- some means for the treatment of cancer.
4. artificial sweeteners
Sorbitol, mannitol, aspartame - the human digestive system is not always ready to meet with these sweet synthetic substances. They are poorly digested, sometimes causing abdominal distention and diarrhea.
5. Lactose or fructose intolerance
Lactose - a natural sugar that is found in dairy products. Fructose - the same thing, but it comes from the fruit or honey. In spite of the natural origin of these simple carbohydrates, the body of some people does not know how to process them. Hence, digestive problems, including diarrhea.
By the way, the amount of enzymes that help digest lactose, declines with age. Therefore, intolerance of milk sugar is often seen in the elderly.
6. digestive disorders
Here is a list of diseases that can from time to time (not necessarily on a permanent basis) to provoke diarrhea:
- Ulcerative colitis and microscopic;
- celiac disease;
- irritable bowel syndrome;
- Crohn's disease - an inflammatory disease of the gastrointestinal tract.
7. alcohol abuse
Large amounts of alcohol can damage the intestinal mucosa and affect the composition of its flora.
8. Some of the hormonal diseases
Diarrhea - a common occurrence in diabetes mellitus and hyperthyroidism (overactive the thyroid gland).
In some people, this passion also provokes diarrhea. It is called - diarrhea runner.
What to do if you have diarrhea
In most cases, diarrhea is not in need of treatment as quickly pass on their own. To speed up the process:
- Drink plenty of fluids: water, broth, fruit drinks, fruit drinks, juices. Avoid caffeine and alcohol.
- Include in the diet of foods low in fiber: boiled eggs, boiled rice and chicken, toasted white bread or crackers.
- For some time, give up fatty foods, foods high in fiber (raw fruits and vegetables, whole-grain bread), as well as spices and seasonings.
- Think of the reception probiotics - substances that help restore normal intestinal microflora. Select the required drug with the best therapist.
What should I do if the diarrhea persists
Diarrhea that lasts longer than two days, - a direct indication for consultation with a physician. Probably, diarrhea caused some serious internal malfunction in the body.
The doctor will ask about symptoms related, look into your medical history. You may need to take a blood, urine, feces. Depending on the results of the inspection and tests a doctor diagnose and prescribe treatment.
- 6 tips for the night, to avoid bloating and stimulate weight loss
- What you can and can not eat when the stomach hurts
- How to eat to be healthy gut
- Is it true palm oil clogs the intestines