In the first nine months of 2019 the number of cases of fraud with payment cards has quadrupled. Most often, criminals used six major tricks which are representatives of the bank "Ak Bars" told banki.ru site.
How we cheat
Vishing (from the English. vishing - voice phishing) - this malicious calls posing as employees of a bank security service. Their goal - to get the data card and a one-time password. Usually it uses standard legend of suspicious transactions, which urgently need to stop.
"This security employee bank does not request the map data at the client, because they have in the bank base", - emphasized in the "Ak Bars".
2. Translation at the map of an unknown person
Best fraudsters using a simpler, but more dangerous scheme. They transfer money to the card after the victim and send SMS error - asked to return the amount received by transferring it to another account.
If a person performs the request and translated by money, will unwittingly complicit in the crime. Law enforcement authorities may fix the "fraudulent" transaction and to prosecute.
3. Post write-off of money from the card
Often attackers send a message to the victim to write off the money from the card for paid goods in the store. To cancel the operation, you need to make an urgent call to the specified phone number. Next - the familiar scheme of luring card data and passwords of SMS.
4. Bogus sweepstakes and lotteries
About free cheese in a mousetrap remember not all, therefore, draws and lotteries are still in the arsenal of scams. They usually promise a cash prize or tickets to the concert of the artist, who came on tour to your town.
That all seemed too easy, the attackers offered to take part in a quiz or take a survey, and after cheerfully informed about your victory. only pay a small commission will be to get the prize, for which, of course, no prizes will follow.
5. Using ad sites
Many criminals out of victims through the sites classified ads. The seller calls a potential buyer who wants to quickly get the goods, but it is far away and can not come.
Rubbing in trust, the attacker promises to translate advances and requests for this data card, not only the number but also the expiration date and three-digit code on the back. Excuses to get all of this data can be very different: not running a mobile application, the special requirements of the bank for the transfer of funds and so on.
6. Fake banking site
Another method of obtaining the map data - phishing, involving the creation of a fake bank site. Users are lured to it through social networks, SMS and email lists.
Not suspecting fraud, the victim is authorized - enters his login and password, which then goes into the hands of fraudsters. Quickly detect deception only care help. Look closely at the site, it can be very similar to the official, but is unlikely to copy it at 100%.
How to protect yourself
To protect against such tricks "Ak Bars" offers the following five key rules:
- Carefully check the sites to which a link in an SMS and social networks. The site must have the correct domain, secure connectivity and corporate design without grammatical errors.
- Do not be afraid to put yourself up the phone and call the bank hotline, as well as go to the personal account on the site to check the status of your account.
- In no case do not give out these cards and passports by phone bank staff never let them ask.
- Grow critical thinking. Do not believe everything you hear on the phone and try to always double-check the information in person.
- Read related sites and keep up with new schemes of financial fraud, because forewarned - is forearmed.
- How to protect a bank card from fraudsters
- Financial literacy for beginners: how to protect the money from fraudsters
- 10 tricks of swindlers that are even smart people are carried out
- As fraudsters deceive those who are selling things over the Internet