3 a method to make soft scratchy wool sweater
News / / December 19, 2019
There comes a time when you do not want to get out of the warm sweaters. But what if the thing is pricked, and the ability to wear a T-shirt under it not? Kegan Kimball, a member of the London Dry LaundryHeap, shared tips on how to make a soft sweater, without spoiling its shape.
Method 1: acetic bath
The first thing to do - is to immerse scratchy sweater fabric softener. Kegan but advises him to look at the natural analogue - the white vinegar. Mix it with water in the ratio 1: 2, immerse into a mixture sweater and leave for 20 minutes. Then allow excess fluid to drain (do not wring your hands, so as not to damage the fabric!) And send it out to dry. Best of all - put on a flat surface large towel, and spread out on top of a sweater. Vinegar not only works with wool, but with most types of fabrics.
Method 2: hair conditioner
If the vinegar does not work, you can take care of the clothes with the help of hair cosmetics. Sometimes the wool fibers need a bit of additional moisture to stop causing discomfort to your skin. For this apply conditioner to damp cloth and then rinse with cold water and dry the above-described manner. Done!
Method 3: Frozen
This may sound crazy, but send a sweater in the freezer overnight. It will consolidate the fibers in place of tissue: they will cease to climb and scratch the skin. Before freezing, make sure that the sweater is completely dry: otherwise it will have to be thawed, and the procedure will almost certainly lead to damage.
Kegan also shared advice on the choice of warm sweaters and caring for them. Here are the most important:
- Before you buy be sure to check the label. manufacturers often add to the nylon wool, acrylic and other materials that help reduce the cost - but it will affect the quality and duration of life thing. If possible, it is better to overpay and take the sweater completely natural fabric.
- Washable woolens need less than a regular jersey - at the same time they require more care. Use the delicate wash and put a sweater in a mesh bag so it does not rubbed on other things: it stretches and damages mating.
- Sweaters are best stored in folded on the shelf. If this is not possible, invest in special racks for wool products. Their shape is designed to ensure that the fabric is not drawn under its own weight.
- If your washing machine has a drying mode, it will help restore stretched sweater. To do this, wet stretching space and send it to the machine: binding to sit the same density. In all other cases, tumble-drying should be avoided as this may weaken and damage the fabric fibers.
- How to care for clothing that lasts longer
- 10 Unusual Christmas sweaters
- 10 useful pieces of your old sweaters