The new budget iPhone, the next AirPods and iPad Pro, the AirTag, and more.
9to5Mac has access to an early build of iOS 14. From the code succeeded pull out a lot of interesting information about several future releases of the company. Collected the main thing.
- As expected, smartphone will receive a fingerprint scanner Touch ID instead of Face ID. It will also feature Express Transit - the ability to contactless payment of travel through the iPhone, using compatible transport cards from the "Wallet".
- The smartphone will be presented in the near future - and, it seems, the release not prevent even the coronavirus. iPhone 9 will most likely come with iOS 13.4 - but in the fall it will be updated to iOS 14, like other current smartphones of the company.
- The camera of the top-end iPads will receive a major update: the new Pros are expected to have a module a la iPhone 11 Pro. It will consist of a main wide-angle camera, an ultra-wide module and a telephoto lens. A bonus will be the Time-of-Flight (ToF) sensor, which is not available in iPhones.
- The ToF module will be used for new augmented reality related features. Apple is also working on a new app, codenamed Gobi, that will give users more information about their surroundings via AR. It will soon begin testing in Apple branded stores and Starbucks coffee shops.
- We are waiting not only for a new Apple TV set-top box, but also a new remote for it. Details are scarce yet, but it is hoped that Apple has realized that many users are giving preference for other consoles precisely because of the high cost of Siri Remote, and is preparing a more budgetary alternative.
- Workout apps are coming to Apple TV. It is assumed that the user will be able to install different programs and download interesting courses, and the TV will explain how to do the exercises. It is not yet clear whether such courses will adapt to user activity, but the iOS 14 code contains Apple Watch sync hints and Apple Music support so you can work out to your favorites tracks.
- The new AirPods model will be the most expensive in the series - these will be full-length on-ear headphones. Their image was found among the icons showing the charge of connected devices. They are supposed to be similar to the Beats, but with proprietary AirPods features - including automatically pausing music when you take your headphones off.
- These are beacons that will allow you to track the location of valuable items via your smartphone. On iOS, you can configure multiple tags at the same time.
- The AirTag battery will be removable, and the user will be able to replace it independently, without the need to contact the service.
- The new iPhones will be able to search for beacons in augmented reality.
In addition, this assembly told a lot about the upcoming Apple Watch update - we have collected the main thing in separate article.
Lifehacker's news has a separate Telegram channel. Subscribe!
- Apple will release 5 iPhone models in 2020. Their characteristics are already known
- 2020 iPhones get a completely new design inspired by the iPhone 4
- New iPad, top-end headphones, AirTag and more - Apple plans for 2020 revealed