How to protect the wires from the pet teeth
Tips / / December 19, 2019
Many pet owners have complained that they do not chew away the charging cable from the phone wiring or cable from the TV. This habit of the pet is not only reason to buy a new charger, but also a serious cause for concern: the animal can strike shock. Here are simple ways to solve this problem.
1. Block access to the wires furniture
Use any massive piece of furniture in your apartment, which will act as a barrier function between the pet and electrical wires. Pass the wires as much as possible for a book and a wardrobe, TV stand, dresser, desk and so on. Such a method is suitable, if you have a large pet.
cats and ferrets can penetrate even into a narrow gap, so in this case it is more expedient to lay electrical cables under the carpet or floor rugs.
2. Place the cables outside the reach of your pet
The animal will not spoil things which he did not get. The wires can be attached to the walls at the level of 1.5-2 m above the floor. To do this, fit special plastic holders. Where you can unleash the imagination, turning a simple cable to an interesting detail of the interior.
The cable of the charger can be fixed on a table or nightstand, so it does not hang. Other wires can be attached to a desk or his legs.
For all kinds of special cables suitable plastic container, where it is possible to remove unnecessary parts of excessively long wires.
Where to get:
- Clamps for cable, 125 rubles per 20 pieces →
- Holders for cables Adhesive, 65 rubles per 5 pieces →
- Clamps for cables, from 61 rubles 10 pieces →
- Plastic container for the wires from 1034 rubles →
- Holder for wires, 400 rubles →
3. Wrap the cables in a special braiding
This method is suitable for both stationary wires and cables for chargers that are not constantly in the same place. To save expensive cable for iPhone or charger for the MacBook on your sharp teeth sealUse of a dense braid of plastic or metal wire. In such a cable sheath have too tough for your pet.
Where to get:
- Protection for several wires, from 187 rubles →
- Braid for a wire, from 136 rubles →
- Braid for cables of different diameters, from 65 rubles →
4. Use repellent spray
Not the most humane, but fairly effective way. There are a number of smells that pets can not tolerate: essential oils, citrus peel, vinegar, pepper and garlic. The place from which emanates a smell, the animal prefers not to be long. If you do not want to engage in "alchemy" or area of the apartment does not allow to use your own unpleasant odor, use ready-made solutions. Repellent sprays for cats and dogs available in specialized stores.
5. Provide your pet alternative
Pets that bite wires, often bored, scared or feel stressed.
If a favorite for any reason, is experiencing stress (moving to a new place, a long way to new people in the house), he needs to pay more attention to, often the food is tasty and in every way to show their care. In all other cases, the pet can offer an interesting toy, which he will be able to switch instead of wires.
Where to get:
- Wooden sticks for cats, 55 rubles per 5 pieces →
- Toy-trough, from 256 rubles →
- Rubber ball with holes for feed, from 152 rubles →
- Squeaker toy for dogs, 122 rubles →
What kind of tricks do you know? Share in the comments.
- What pet to have if you are rarely at home →
- What to do if you have got a kitten →
- Why can not you let the dog lick your face →
- How to raise a dog: 15 rules that will help you become a leader →