How to keep a refrigerator in perfect condition
A Life / / December 19, 2019
1. Pan the temperature under different conditions
On average, it should be between 1 and 4 ℃ ℃. Reduce the temperature in the refrigerator when many products and indoor hot. And increases when the content is not enough to save energy. The temperature was keep stable in a freezer (-18 ℃). If your refrigerator includes defrosting, spend it once a year.
2. regularly clean
Eliminates smudges immediately. Wipe the handle of the refrigerator once a day, and the door - every week. Every few days, iterate over all the products on the shelves. Try as quickly as possible to use those in which will soon expire expiration date.
Every three months clean the refrigerator inside. For this, first remove all the shelves and drawers and wash them with hot water. Do not use bleach and similar cleaning agents, better take the usual soap or gel for washing dishes. Then wash the walls the refrigerator. If there is a long-standing stains, use a toothbrush and a thick mixture of baking soda with water. After wet cleaning wipe everything dry.
Just spend spring cleaning each year. Remove the refrigerator plug from the socket, move it up and remove accumulated debris underneath. Wipe away the dust on the rear wall. If you can, remove the protective grille and clean the dust from the fan and condenser. After such cleaning of the cooling system will operate more efficiently.
3. Know that need to be refrigerated, and that - no
It is not necessary to store in the refrigerator:
- Most fruits and some vegetables, especially those that are still unripe. Store them at room temperature away from sunlight. This applies to tomatoes and cucumbers, potatoes, carrots, onions and garlic, squash, beets and other root vegetables, including ginger.
- Open cans, primarily from fruits and tomatoes. If they are a long time in such a container, they have a metallic taste. Therefore, the content is better to shift into a glass or plastic bowl.
- Hot food. Wait until it has cooled completely, so as not to overload the compressor of the refrigerator.
- Products with expired shelf life. It's okay if passed one day after the deadline, but if the product is worth a week, do not risk your health.
- Opened jars of jam, mustard, syrups. They are quite clear in the case, where not exposed to sun rays. But just in case, check the instructions on the package.
It should be stored in the refrigerator:
- Berries and ripe fruit.
- Vegetables (except those listed above).
- Dairy products and eggs.
- Meat and fish.
- All outdoor products, on the packaging which indicates that they should be stored at low temperatures. Including the opening of a bottle of wine.
- Remains of ready meals (as soon as they are cool), salads and snacks.
- Large jar of peanut butter, if you are not going to use it quickly. In the cold it does not exfoliate.
4. Distribute the products on the shelves
- Top shelf - everything that is not necessary to prepare: sausage, sauces, salads, appetizers, remnants of food, and canned food from cans that you have shifted into another bowl.
- middle berth - dairy products and eggs. The door of the refrigerator - not a place for them: it often turns out to be under the influence of warm air, which reduces the shelf life of products.
- Bottom shelf — meat and fish.
- Compartments for vegetables - of course, fruits and vegetables, but keep them separate from each other. Some fruits (apples, pears, bananas) emit ethylene gas, which lie near vegetables may deteriorate faster. In the same department remove the leafy green, after washing and dry it with a paper towel. But herbs (except basil) is better to put in a jar with water and kept away from the cold of the rear wall.
- Door - juices, salad and other products with the longest shelf life.
5. Organize storage
To maximize use of the refrigerator, place the containers with the products of one another. High put back, and the low - forward everything to be in sight. Stick labels with the date when you prepare meals or open the package.
6. Get rid of unpleasant odors
Remove strongly smelling foods in containers with a tight lid. In any case, keep on the bottom shelf tray with baking soda, it will absorb all odors. Change it every three months. Do not dispose of the used soda, it is possible to clean the sink or tub. For other ways to eliminate odors in the refrigerator with the help of improvised means Layfhaker told in a separate article.
Arrange symmetrically products. For example, if you use the fridge together, split it down the middle and each occupy their side. One area, you can leave the total - for example, the door. Special products can be wrapped in an opaque package, so that it became evident that it is not for general use.
- Life hacking to test the fridge - a coin in a glass with ice
- How to prolong the life of the refrigerator: 5 working tips
- How to stop to throw out food from the fridge: Jamie Oliver's tips