How to choose the air conditioner for the home: all you need to know before going to the store
Educational Program How To Choose / / December 19, 2019
Decide on the type of air conditioner
The first thing to consider when choosing conditioner - the possibilities for indoor installation. As a rule, the house is used for only a few types of air conditioners.
Wall split systems
- suitable for apartments, cottages and almost any premises.
- dignity: Heating function, minimum noise, high-quality air filtration, a huge choice of models.
- disadvantages: Uneven cooling and heating large areas.
- PriceWith an average of 15 000 rubles for 20 m² + installation.
Wall split system - the most popular and versatile type of air conditioners. It includes an indoor unit, which is mounted on the wall in the room and the outside, mounted on the facade of the building. The distance between them can reach 20 meters.
The multi-split systems of internal blocks may be few, but they are all connected with only one outer. Such systems are suitable for air-conditioning of several rooms or rooms with a large rooms indoor units in its various parts.
Installation of split systems can cost as much as, and air conditioning.
However, do not try to do everything yourself: If you find faults with warranty repairs can be problems.
Where can I buy:
- Split HYUNDAI H-AR18-07H, 11,900 rubles →
- Split system TOSHIBA RAS-10EKV-EE / RAS-10EAV-EE, 26,180 rubles →
- Split HEC 09HTC03 / R2, 11,990 rubles →
- Split (inverter) Hotpoint-Ariston SPIW409LLHA, 27,990 rubles →
- suitable for cottages, large living room and all rooms are spacious.
- dignity: Rapid and even cooling.
- disadvantages: The complexity of installation, high price, suspended ceiling is required.
- Price: An average of 40 000 rubles for 50 m² + installation.
Due to the distribution of air flow in four directions, this kind of a split system quickly and evenly cools or heats the air. Typically, such conditioners are installed in the premises of the area from 50 m².
Cassette air conditioners are rarely sold in ordinary hardware store.
Engaged in the sale of specialized companies. They also establish such air conditioning.
Mobile air conditioners
- suitable for country houses and small buildings, where there is no possibility to install a split system.
- dignity: The ability to move, do not have to pay for installation.
- disadvantages: A higher level of noise, bulkiness, limited capacity - an average of no more than 3 kW.
- PriceWith an average of 15 000 rubles to 20 m².
Install mobile air conditioning can be yourself. Suffice it to place it on the floor in a desired location and display through the window or hole in the wall a flexible duct - a hose diameter of about 10 cm and a length of 1.5 m.
Most mobile air conditioners are designed for no more than 20-30 square meters. Models capable of cooling 40-50 squares in the sale is much less. And they cost at least 25 thousand rubles. They should be considered only in the absence of other options.
Where can I buy:
- Mobile air conditioning BALLU Smart mechanic BPAC-07 CM, 13 890 rubles →
- Mobile air conditioning Zanussi ZACM-12 MP-II / N1, 19,990 rubles →
- Mobile air conditioner De Longhi PAC N81, 27,990 rubles →
- Mobile konditsionerElectrolux EACM-10 HR / N3, 22,290 rubles →
Pay attention to the compressor
The advantage of split systems is the inverter compressor. The control unit in such conditioners converts AC power to DC and then back to AC desired frequency. This allows the compressor to control the motor speed and smoothly control the temperature in the room.
However, the buyer is more important to know that the inverter air conditioner is more reliable and more economical. Yes, they are expensive, but overpaid when buying compensated bills electricity. In comparison with analogues neinvertornye difference in energy consumption can reach 30-40%.
Determine the appropriate power
Here everything is simple: the more floor space, the greater the power. In a conventional flat ceiling at a height of not more than 3 m per 10 m² shall be at least 1 kW.
Accordingly, if the air conditioner is installed in a room of 20 square meters, it is necessary to consider a model for at least 2 kW. However, the head of all this can not score, as in cards of the goods usually indicate what area will master conditioner.
If the room is a lot of electrical equipment, especially computer technology, it is better to consider air conditioning a little higher power.
It is also necessary to consider the location. In the rooms with windows to the south is usually warmer. This is another reason to think about increasing the power.
In both cases, you can choose a model designed for a large area. Plus 5 m is usually sufficient.
Check for the desired mode
This feature is designed for the off-season, when there is no heating in the room, and the window is cold.
In many split-system outdoor units can operate at -7 ° C. At lower temperatures the heating capacity drops and the risk of icing of the external unit.
Some inverter models are able to heat the room, even when the window -25 ° C.
This mode makes it easier to endure exhausting heat and prevents the spread of mold. Now most of the air conditioners, this feature is standard.
This mode is circulating in the air indoors. Typically, the compressor and outdoor fan split system deactivated only works inside. Do not confuse this option with the influx of fresh air from outside.
coarse filters are in almost every air conditioner. They block the dust and larger particles such as lint and hair. The filters must be removed and cleaned at least once every few months.
Much more important is the fine filter, which is able to trap the smallest pollenVarious odors and cigarette smoke. These filters can not always be cleaned with a vacuum cleaner, or rinse with water. When the filters need to be changed immediately better.
Consultants in stores can say many flattering words about some newfangled filter, however, the need to replace two month later they, of course, keep silent.
For example, catechol filters can be used for about 30 days. After this period, they are not only useless, but also become a cause of the unpleasant smell of the marsh.
Under this mode consists of air ion saturation, which should provide a burst of energy, immunity improvement and well-being in general.
Marketing noodles this mode can not be named, but many people have no effect on the ionization is not felt.
Air ions - the air particles is bearing the electric charge. In vivo saturated air ion present on the slopes of the high mountains, waterfalls, mountain on the banks of rivers, seas and oceans.
Under this mode of operation can mean completely different mechanisms.
- Special generator which uses a physical method of separation of gases. It consists of two separators which absorb and outputting the street nitrogen, and oxygen is returned to the room.
- A special membrane which retains at air suction of the nitrogen molecule, but allows oxygen.
- Vozduhoobmennik for supplying fresh outside air and the room air is removed from the high concentration of carbon dioxide.
Simple household split systems can not apply to the premises fresh air. They only "chase" the indoor air, cooling or heating it. The tubes themselves between the blocks circulates refrigerant freon.
Check out the additional features
- Sleep mode or night mode. With him will be less noisy air conditioner at night and automatically lower the temperature by a few degrees.
- Turbo Mode. It allows you to quickly reach the desired temperature. To this end, the air conditioner operates at a higher power, but not more than half an hour.
- Defrosting the outdoor unit. The function to use the air conditioner in the cold season, when the window is not higher than 5 ° C. We do not need those who are not planning to heat the air in the room.
- Self-diagnosis - independent determination of system faults.
- Support for Wi-Fi. It allows you to control air conditioning from your smartphone. I do not need the presence of a convenient remote control.
- Motion Sensor. Ability to go into power save mode with minimal activity in the room.
- Regulation of the air flow. It allows you to specify the direction of air flow, which may well save you from coldsIf you sleep directly under the air conditioner.
Do not forget about energy efficiency
We have air-conditioning energy efficiency ratio for cooling mode (marked EER - Energy Efficiency Ratio) and heating mode (COP - Coefficient of Performance). They are calculated by different formulas, but in the end all values are reduced to the usual classes for household appliances from A (highest) to G (lowest).
Depending on the mode energy efficiency class in the air conditioner may be different. For example, in cooling mode - A ++, and for heating - A +.
If desired, save electricity have pretty fork out for himself the unit. Prices for a split system A +++ class starts from 60 000 rubles. However, the pay should not always.
For example, if we compare the model, calculated by 25 squares, then class A +++ conditioners average consume 500-600 watts of energy, and analogs A ++ - 700-800 watts. The difference in their price can reach 50%. With a limited budget is better to find the best option class A ++.
To this day, in the sale, there are air conditioners with energy class B, C and even D. This is a very powerful system for large areas, or the cheapest model. But do not skimp here. Model with energy class A and above will be more expensive for only a few thousand. This overpayment quick whacks in electricity bills.
- For apartments in the first instance consider wall-mounted split systems. These units are excellent for various climatic conditions and temperature changes. And as regards the range of prices is very wide.
- Buy a mobile home air conditioners should only to testify or rooms where there is no possibility to install a split system with the outdoor unit.
- Cassette air conditioners are a great choice for rooms of 50 m² with a suspended ceiling. For smaller rooms they do not even consider.
- Before buying, check the support features that you really need, and specify filter life.
- When choosing a model, pay attention not only on the cooling area, but also in terms of power consumption. All that is below Class A, can significantly increase the electricity bills.
- How to choose a TV: everything about what is usually silent in stores →
- How to choose a washing machine and not to miscalculate →
- How to choose a good refrigerator without intrusive advisor tips →
- How to choose a smartphone →
- How to choose a laptop →