How to disable the auto-update tab in Chrome
Browsers / / December 19, 2019
Chrome automatically updates your open tabs, if you go back to them after a few minutes - forcing you to wait until the page loaded. In order not to waste time, especially when working with a large number of tabs, turn off the auto-update.
Previously, the corresponding function can be deactivated in the browser section of hidden settings, but in Chrome 75.0 removed this option. Now it is impossible to prevent the automatic update tabs open standard means, but it can be done with a special extension.
- go to link in the Chrome Web Store.
- Click "Install" and then "Install Extension".
- Activate the plugin by clicking on its icon in the menu bar.
Make sure that tabs will no longer reboot, you can by driving in the address bar
chrome: // discards and seeing column Auto Discardable - in front of each page there should be a dagger.
Do not forget that you can opt out, you will see the latest changes in the contents of the old tabs. In addition, the browser will use more system resources that can affect performance on slower computers.
- 11 ways to speed up the braking Chrome
- 20 of the most popular extensions for Google Chrome browser
- Hidden pages and features in Chrome, which is useful to know