How to stay fed and awake during Lent
Food / / December 19, 2019
The post is in full swing, and the forces are no more, because to figure out what is there to eat except for carrot and a piece of bread with sweet tea, it is unrealistic difficult? But in order not to undermine health due to lack of trace elements, and not to die of hunger, we must be able to balance your diet. How to make so that was satisfying, but still useful and tasty, see this article.
During the Great Lent banned are all products of animal origin:
- meat, poultry, fish (only allowed on some days) and all their derivatives;
- milk products;
- animal fat and butter.
Vegetable oil is allowed only on weekends, and hot food - only a few times a week.
All these bans make it harder to eat a balanced way. Why are there! Even an ordinary salad cook difficult in this situation. Getting to write this article, I am currently the head broke, coming up, what can replace oil in a salad. The experience I have in the food preparation and drafting of different plans serious power. What can we say about ordinary people!
The ration can be called balanced if there are present in the desired amount of protein, fats and carbohydrates. But those products are the first to come to mind as an alternative to the banned around, clearly not enough fat and protein. After all, what people usually eat, if you can not meat, milk, fat and hot? Right: bread, sweets, fruit, pasta, potatoes with mushrooms and cereals (in the days of hot meals). And this food right in any way will not name, no matter how vegetarian it may be.
But it is not all that bad! These simple recommendations, I hope, will help to make your Lenten menu tasty and balanced.
What can replace oil and fats in general
- Nuts and seeds - an excellent replacement for other fat sources. Add them to cereal, muesli on the water, salads. They can even sprinkle vegetable soup! Delicious.
- Avocado. Yes, I know that the price has increased unseemly for him, but you already save on meat. Therefore, I suggest at least sometimes to pamper yourself these superpoleznym product.
- Coconut milk. From it you can cook a great dessert or breakfast (for example, on the simple recipe), It can be added to hot dishes.
- coconut chips. Much healthier normal and even dried fruit. Permanently saturated, rich in beneficial fats and dietary fiber. They also can be sprinkled on cereal and muesli.
- Olives. Rich in beneficial fats and perfectly complement the salad without oil.
What can replace milk products
Analogues of plant origin. For example, soy products are well suited. Actually, I'm an outspoken opponent of dairy products, so this ban post closest to me. Of course, life without cheese a bit boring, but in fact, apart from him, there's so much tasty. It's time to try something new. For example, vegetables with different sauces pesto. They just fit for wine, which, oddly enough, are allowed some days of Lent.
Where to extract protein
In plant foods rich in protein, and it's all legumes: peas, lentils, beans of all conceivable kinds, chickpeas... Offer in the days when the permitted hot food, not cook porridge and potatoes, and a variety of dishes legumes. So you zapasotes future use in protein, as well as compensate for the lack of B vitamins, which, incidentally, is important. B vitamins are directly involved in the production of cell energy. That is, if in a simple way, we need them to not bite all day long nose. Of course, there are many other rulesTo help stay awake, but that's a topic for another article.
Nuts are also a good source of protein. So please continue to sprinkle them porridge, muesli and salads generous hand.
Rules that will help you to remain in service during Lent
1. Do not get carried away with fruit. 2-3 a day - this is your maximum. Fruits sharply raise blood sugar and immoderate use harm the liver due to the large amounts of fructose. It is best to combine them with nuts. This will slow down the release of sugar into the blood, and the feeling of satiety will stay with you longer.
2. Vegetables - your everything. Here you can think of anything that you want, and for days suhomyatku, and hot dishes.
3. Cereals - a good thing, but in moderation and always accompanied by nuts, seeds, and other permitted sources of fats from the list above. Most preferably buckwheat and oatmeal. The first has a very low glycemic index compared to other cereals, and the other rich in protein. That is why oatmeal is so loved the coaches that on its basis often make meal plans to their customers.
If you are lucky and next to you sell newfangled cereals quinoa, then go ahead and bet on it. It is good to all: rich in B vitamins, it contains a lot of protein and thus has a low glycemic index.
4. less breadGentlemen! He, of course, the head of everything, but... The presence of yeast in it and gluten It makes it not the best product on your desk. I'm not saying throw from one extreme to another and avoid it at all, but I know many people who are in the post do not just lose weight, but on the contrary, much better. Blame it just bread, cereal and fruit in the wild numbers. Do not repeat their mistakes.
5. The fish days Choose fatty fish: Mackerel, sardines, herring, salmon, salmon. Why? I suspect that you do not have enough fat in the diet, so I propose to restock, and at the same time enrich the organism is extremely beneficial omega-3. It is found in fish oil, these acids the most valuable (they are in plant sources, but the effects have not been quite what).
6. Do not abuse sweets. Comments, I think, is superfluous.
7. Drink more. If you went through and observe absolutely all the rules of fasting, the days without food or offer to make vegetable juice or drink as much water and herbal tea. This will help you stay awake, even in this difficult time.
And finally - the interesting recipes that will help diversify the fast menu:
- «RECIPES: Cereal bread with nuts and seeds»;
- «Recipe: Milk of walnuts»;
- «4 very new Italian pasta recipes for runners»;
- «Recipes: 5 choices of vegetarian pasta»;
- «Recipe: Vegetable lasagna for runners»;
- «Recipes: 5 vitamin salads»;
- «RECIPES: 12 very tasty dish of eggplant»;
- «Recipes: Smoothies, fresh and tasty breakfast»;
- «RECIPES: 19 green smoothie - energy boost for those who love themselves».
Here, perhaps, and all. Good health to you!