Huawei future without Android: its operating system and the new app store
News Technologies / / December 19, 2019
gap commercial relations Huawei and Google will have no effect on the current unit of the Chinese company. The owners of these smartphones nothing to fear - will upgrade security systems and services. A completely different situation with future gadgets producer, however, everything in order.
- Now Huawei has received a temporary license to work in the United States to support their networks and devices. It is valid until 19 August 2019. This delay is given to all partners Huawei had to move to alternative equipment with the least damage to himself.
- Perhaps thereafter retain the right to use the Huawei Android, is distributed with open source. That is a "raw" and unstable AOSP-version without Google Play Store, Gmail, and all other Google services. Bad it by the fact that Google updates its extremely slow, without worrying about the relevance and security.
- Replace Android on the company's future smartphones Huawei may own operating system, which is developed more since 2012. However, we had originally planned to use it only in the native Chinese market, where, and so Google services have long been banned.
- If you believe the Chinese edition Caijing, Huawei proprietary OS will be available this fall or early next year. And it will be a universal platform for mobile phones, computers, tablets, TVs, cars and portable devices.
- Proprietary OS of the company must be compatible with all Android-applications, so that users do not feel the lack of content.
- The applications themselves, in the absence of Google Play, can be distributed through AppGallery - brand store software, which is already pre-installed on smartphones Huawei and Honor.
- Another scenario, which has already they say in the network - a partnership with Aptoide, The largest alternative shop with a million Android-applications. Aptoide is a Portuguese company, which means that the ban on cooperation with Huawei does not concern them.
- All these reports are contrary to Newest data that the proprietary OS Huawei «far from being ready", and that in terms of content it will rely on third-party developers. In other words, compatibility with Android-applications yet highly questionable.
- If you own Huawei system will not be ready in the next six months or a year, Huawei, in order not to lose the market, will have to look for alternative solutions. Perhaps the company will go on Meizu way that has long produced a smartphone without Google services, although allowed to download them from the corporate app store. This option seems realistic, if Huawei will maintain access to AOSP, and this has also called into question.
From the official comments representatives of Huawei still refuse. Even at yesterday's presentation Honor 20 planned communication was canceled with the press. The company clearly was not ready for such emergency "war" with Google. And indeed Google is unlikely to want to lose such a big partner, and with it a large part of the Chinese market.
Clarify all the conflicting evidence, and with it the fate of the company's mobile business can only herself Huawei. Only the manufacturer knows the whole layout, so for now we can only wait for further details.